1684: LEAD, URINE
- Lead, Random Urine; Lead, 24 Hour Urine
- 5 mL
- 2.5 mL
- Container- Urine, 24 Hour Urine Container, Urine Tube, Container- Screw Top
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- 5 mL random urine or an aliquot from well mixed 24 hr collection Indicate the total volume if a 24 hr collection
- Random urine or 24 hr collection (record total volume if sending aliquot) Sampling time is not critical for industrial exposure monitoring. Metals with timing not critical have very long elimination half-lives and accumulate in the body over years, some for a lifetime. After a couple of weeks of exposure, specimens can be collected at any time. Optional protocol: If the specimen is a 24-hour collection, instruct the patient to void at 8 AM and discard the specimen. Then collect all urine including the final specimen voided at the end of the 24-hour collection period (ie, 8 AM the next morning). Screw the lid on securely. Collect without preservatives. Mix well. Request form MUST state total volume if a 24 hr collection, if applicable. No preservatives. Preservatives used for routine analysis may contain mercuric oxide (ie, Stabilur), which interferes with all metal testing.
- AMBIENT: 14 days REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 14 days