2052: GLUCOSE, GESTATIONAL, 3 HR CHALLENGE
- GESTATIONAL GLUCOSE TOLERANCE TEST, GESTATIONAL GTT 3HR
- Grey Top Tube Preferred, (Serum Separator Tube acceptable but not preferred due to stability)
Turn Around Time
- Grey Top Tube For Each Timed Specimen -Indicate If Fasting,1 Hr,2 Hr, 3 Hr
- 4 TIMED GREY TOP TUBES- F,1 HR,2 HR,3 HR 1. Performed in the morning (between 7 and 9 am) after an 8-14 hour fast. 2. A fasting plasma glucose is measured. 3. A 100 gm glucose load is given orally. 4. Plasma glucose concentration is measured hourly for 3 hours. 5. At least 2 values must exceed the following: Fasting 95 mg/dL 1 hour 180 mg/dL 2 hour 155 mg/dL 3 hour 140 mg/dL 6. If results are normal in a clinically suspect situation, repeat during the third trimester.
- Serum (no hemolysis): 8 hours at 15-25 °C, 72 hours at 2-8 °C, Fluoride plasma: 3 days at 15-25 °C