2583: QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus
- 2583, QuantiFeron TB Gold, TBGP
- QuantiFERON – TB Gold Plus, 4 Tube kit
Turn Around Time
- Refer to collection instructions included with draw kit. Special specimen collection kit contains four gel-barrier tubes: gray-top/white ring (nil), green-top/white ring (TB1 antigens), yellow-top/white ring (TB2 antigens and purple-top/white ring (mitogen). All three tubes are required for a single test result. Each tube is designed to draw only 1 mL and fill time may be longer than other blood collection tubes. Because of the limited vacuum in these tubes, use a needle and holder (NOT a butterfly) to collect QuantiFERON(R) specimens. If a butterfly is required, first collect other required tubes or use another Vacutainer(R) tube to purge the butterfly line of air and then proceed with drawing the QuantiFERON(R) tubes. Fill tubes to the black fill line on the tube label. If tubes are underfilled or overfilled (see kit insert), immediately redraw a replacement tube. Following proper fill, label the tubes appropriately, and shake tubes 10 times just firmly enough to ensure the entire surface of the tube is coated with blood cells to solubilize the antigen on the tube walls. After shaking, the volume may fall below the fill line. Do NOT centrifuge, freeze or refrigerate specimens. Return each of the three properly filled, labeled and shaken tubes to the bag labeled QFT(R) kit and ship to laboratory at 17 to 27 degrees C for testing. QuantiFERON(R) specimens must be received in the laboratory within 16 hours of collection.
- This test is time-sensitive and specimens must be received in the laboratory within 16 hours of collection and transported to laboratory at 17 to 27 degrees C.
Do NOT centrifuge, freeze or refrigerate specimens.
- AMB: 6 days RF: 14 days FR: 6 months Freeze/Thaw: 6x