2855: CARISOPRODOL (SOMA), SERUM
- Carisoprodol & Meprobamate, Serum/Plasma
- Plain Red Top Tube, Lavender Top Tube, Green Top Tube, Transfer Tube - Plasma , Transfer Tube- Serum
Turn Around Time
- 2 mL SERUM from Red Top (do not use an SST)or EDTA or Heparin Plasma
- Red-top tube, lavender-top (EDTA) tube, or green-top (heparin) tube. Transfer separated serum/plasma to a plastic transport tube. DO NOT USE A GEL-BARRIER TUBE. The use of gel-barrier tubes (SST) is not recommended due to slow absorption of the drug by the gel. Depending on the specimen volume and storage time, the decrease in drug level due to absorption may be clinically significant.
- AMBIENT: 14 days REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 14 days