3813: PROSTATE CANCER GENE 3 (PCA3)
- Prostate Cancer Gene 3 (PCA3)
- Gen-Probe Progensa Urine Specimen Transport, Pca3 Kit
Turn Around Time
- Gen-Probe PROGENSA Urine Specimen Transport Kit (ship Frozen if over 4 days)
- Gen-Probe PROGENSA Urine Specimen Transport Kit Before collection, the patient should undergo an attentive digital rectal exam (3 strokes per lobe). 1. Collect a first-catch (approximately 20 to 30 mL of the initial stream) urine sample into a urine collection cup after DRE has been performed. Urine sample should be processed immediately following steps 2 and 3. 2. Invert the sample five times to resuspend the cells. Transfer 2.5 mL of urine (fill until the fluid level is between the black lines) into the urine specimen transport tube using the disposable pipette provided. 3. Recap the urine specimen transport tube tightly and invert five times to mix. Please direct any questions regarding this test to customer service at 800-522-5052.
- AMBIENT: REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 3 months