4020: Culture, Stool
- STCULT, STOOL FOR ENTERIC PATHOGENS
- 2 g
- Cary Blair w/ Indicator (Remel) Transport, Swab
- Ambient Or Refrigerated
Turn Around Time
- 4 days
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- 2 Grams of stool in Cary Blair transport media. Rectal swabs in Stuarts or Amies transport medium also acceptable. Also acceptable is the Orange Cap Para- Pak C & S for enteric pathogens
- Stool culture for Salmonella, Shigella, Yersinia, Campylobactor and E. Coli 0157:H7.
- 72 hours (Cary Blair) 48 hours (Swab) 96 hours (Orange Cap Para-Pak for enteric pathogens)