5507: HCV FIBROSURE
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS, FIBROSURE, ActiTest; FibroSURE(R); FibroTest
- 2 mL
- Serum Separator Tube, Plain Red Top Tube, Transfer Tube- Serum, Transfer Tube- Frozen- Serum
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- Serum from Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube separated within 2 hour of collection. Submit 3.5 mL in a plastic transport tube. Recommend freezing, serum only stable refrigerated 72 hours
- Patient should be fasting for 8 hours prior to collection. Test cannot be performed on a patient who is less than 14 years of age.
- AMBIENT: unstable REFRIGERATED: up to 72 hours FROZEN: up to 7 days