6009: ALDOSTERONE, 24-HOUR URINE
- Aldosterone, 24 hr. Urine
- 24 Hour Urine Container, Container- Urine
Turn Around Time
- Instructions for suppression/stimulation tests that involve serum aldosterone measurement can be found in the Endocrine Dynamic Testing Appendix.
- Instruct the patient to void at 8 AM and discard the specimen. Then collect all urine including the final specimen voided at the end of the 24-hour collection period (i.e., 8 AM the next morning) into the plastic urine container. Screw the lid on securely. Transport the specimen promptly to the laboratory. Container MUST be labeled with patient's full name, date and time collection started, and date and time collection finished.
- AMBIENT: 7 days REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 14 days