6096: VITAMIN B6, PLASMA
- VITAMIN B6, PLASMA,PLP,Pyridoxal-5-phosphate,Pyridoxine,B6
- 1.0 mL
- Amber Tube- Refrigerated with EDTA or Heparin Plasma, Amber Tube- Frozen with EDTA or Heparin Plasma
Turn Around Time
- 6 days
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- 2 mL PLASMA (EDTA or Heparized) - Light Protected required - Amber or foil Specimen rejection : if not protected from light; use of anticoagulants other than EDTA or heparin. Not separated from cells prior to shipping to the lab
- Draw blood in a Lavender-top (EDTA) tube or green-top (heparin) tube; separate plasma from cells immediately and transfer into plastic amber transport tube with amber-top. (If amber tubes are unavailable, cover standard transport tube completely, top and bottom, with aluminum foil. Identify specimen with patient's name directly on the container AND on the outside of the aluminum foil. Secure with tape.) Immediately separate plasma from red cells. Protect specimen from light.
- AMBIENT: 14 days REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 16 days