6200: METANEPHRINES, FRAC, QN, 24-HR
- Metanephrines, Fractionated, Urine, 24 Hr
- 24 Hour Urine Container, Container- Urine
- Record total 24-hour urine volume on the request form.
- Instruct the patient to void at 8 AM and discard the specimen. Then collect all urine including the final specimen voided at the end of the 24-hour collection period (ie, 8 AM the next morning). Screw the lid on securely. Label container with patient's name, date and time collection started, and date and time collection finished. Measure and record total 24-hour volume. Mix well; send aliquot. (HCl is an acceptable preservative if required for a concurrently collected assay)
- AMBIENT: 14 days REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 14 days