6308: VITAMIN B1 (THIAMINE), BLOOD
- VITAMIN B1, (THIAMINE), BLOOD, LC/MS/MS
- Amber Tube- Refrigerated, Lavender Top Tube, Amber Tube- Frozen
Turn Around Time
- 1 mL WHOLE BLOOD from a EDTA LAV in an Amber transport tube or foil wrap ship Frozen.
- Lavender-top (EDTA) tube; Transfer whole blood to plastic transport tube and protect from light -amber plastic transport tube with amber-top. (If amber tubes are unavailable, cover standard transport tube completely, top and bottom, with aluminum foil. Identify specimen with patient name directly on the container AND on the outside of the aluminum foil. Secure with tape.) Draw blood. Do NOT separate. Transfer to Amber- Protect specimen from light. FREEZE. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple tests on frozen samples, PLEASE SUBMIT SEPARATE FROZEN SPECIMENS FOR EACH TEST REQUESTED.
- FROZEN: 7 days (-20 degrees C)