6393: HCV GENOTYPING
- HCV Genotype, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Genotyping
- 2.5 mL
- Serum Or Plasma
- White Top Plasma Preparation Tube, Transfer Tube- Frozen- Serum, Transfer Tube- Frozen- Plasma
Turn Around Time
- 5 days
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- 3.0 mL FROZEN Serum or Plasma (EDTA)in a screw cap plastic transport tube; also acceptable - Frozen PPT Tube (centrifuged). Plasma from a PPT can be frozen and shipped in the PPT.
- Only submit samples that contain a HCV Viral Load >600 IU/mL Specimen can be collected in PPT(TM), gel-barrier tube or lavender-top (EDTA) tube. Do NOT use green-top (heparin) tubes. Centrifuge specimen within 24 hours of collection, remove serum/plasma, and transfer specimen to polypropylene screw-capped tube, and freeze. Preferred ship Frozen. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple tests on frozen samples, please submit separate frozen specimens for each test requested.
- Room Temp: 1 day, Refrigerated 3 days, Frozen 3 months