- Prolactin, Total & Monomeric
- 1 mL
- 1 mL
- Serum Or Plasma
- Serum Separator Tube, Plain Red Top Tube, Lavender Top Tube
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- 1 mL Serum (preferred) OR plasma, FROZEN
- Do NOT draw sample until patient has been awake for at least two (2) hours. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 45 minutes of collection. Transfer specimen to a plastic transport tube before freezing. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple test on frozen samples, PLEASE SUMBIT SEPARATE FROZEN SPECIMEN FOR EACH TEST REQUESTED.
- AMBIENT: 1 day REFRIGERATED: 1 day FROZEN: 200 days