7604: HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT KININOGEN (HMWK)
- High Molecular Weight Kininogen ; Fitzgerald Factor; HMWK
- Transfer Tube- Frozen- Plasma
- 2 mL FROZEN CITRATED PLASMA
- Blood should be collected in a blue-top tube containing 3.2% buffered sodium citrate. Evacuated collection tubes must be filled to completion to ensure a proper blood to anticoagulant ratio.[2,3] The sample should be mixed immediately by gentle inversion at least 6 times to ensure adequate mixing of the anticoagulant with the blood. A discard tube is not required prior to collection of coagulation samples.[4,5] When noncitrate tubes are collected for other test, collect sterile and nonadditive (red-top) tubes prior to citrate (blue-top) tubes. Any tube containing an alternate anticoagulant should be collected after the blue-top tube. Gel-barrier tubes and serum tubes with clot initiators should also be collected after the citrate tubes. Centrifuge and (using a plastic transfer pipette) carefully remove the plasma with- out disturbing the cells. Transfer the plasma into a plastic transport tube with screw cap. The specimen should be FROZEN immediately and maintained frozen until tested. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple test on frozen samples, please submit separate frozen specimens for each test requested.
- AMBIENT: up to 4 HRS REFRIGERATED: up to 4 HRS FROZEN: Stable