7832: PAI-1 ANTIGEN
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor (PAI-1) Antigen
- 1 mL
- Transfer Tube- Frozen- Plasma
Turn Around Time
- 10 days
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- 1 mL FROZEN CITRATED PLASMA
- Citrated plasma samples should be collected by double centrifugation. Blood should be collected in a blue top tube containing 3.2% buffered sodium citrate. Evacuated collection tubes must be filled to completion to ensure a proper blood to anticoagulant ratio.[2,3] The sample should be mixed immediately by gentle inversion at least six times to ensure adequate mixing of the anticoagulant with the blood. A discard tube is not required prior to collection of coagulation samples.[4,5] When noncitrate tubes are collected for other tests, collect sterile and nonadditive (red-top) tubes prior to citrate (blue-top) tubes. Any tube containing an alternate anticoagulant should be collected after the blue top tube. Serum gel tubes with clot initiators should also be collected after the citrate tubes. Centrifuge for 10 minutes and carefully remove two thirds of the plasma without disturbing the cells, using a plastic transfer pipette. Deliver to a plastic transfer tube, cap, and recentrifuge for 10 minutes. Use a second plastic pipette to remove the plasma, staying clear of the platelets at the bottom of the tube. Transfer the plasma into a plastic transport tube and the specimen should be frozen immediately and maintained frozen until tested. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple test on frozen samples, please submit separate frozen specimens for each test requested.
- AMBIENT: REF: 2 hours FRO: STABLE