8452: E COLI SHIGA TOXIN EIA
- E. coli EHEC Shiga-Like Toxin
- ParaPak Orange, Cary Blair W/indicator (remel)transport
Turn Around Time
- Para-Pak Orange or Cary Blair with stool: 1-2 g, 1-2 mL or the rectal/fecal collection swab.
- In Para-Pak Orange(Stool culture transport vial) place rectal swabs or a swab of fecal material, Cary Blair is also acceptable.
Causes for rejection: Specimen received in grossly leaking transport container; diapers; dry specimen; specimen submitted in fixative or additive; specimen received in expired transport media or incorrect transport device; inappropriate specimen transport conditions (not in a C&S vial or in an overfilled C&S vial); specimen received after prolonged delay in transport (usually more than 72 hours); specimen stored or transported frozen; wooden shaft swab in transport device; unlabeled specimen or name discrepancy between specimen and request label.
Sterile stool containers
- Maintain specimen at room temperature. Preferred submission within 72 hours of collection