8667: GENTAMICIN, SERUM, PEAK/TROUGH
- Gentamicin, Peak & Trough; Garamycin (R); Gentak®
- Plain Red Top Tube, Green Top Tube, Transfer Tube- Serum, Transfer Tube- Plasma
- 1 mL serum from a red top or heparin plasma in each tube. Please label tubes appropriately as "peak" and "trough". SST serum not acceptable.
- Transfer separated serum or plasma to a plastic transport tube. Both peak and trough concentrations should be monitored. The trough sample is drawn immediately prior to the next dose. Peak samples should be drawn 45 to 60 minutes after an I.M injection, 30 minutes after the end of a 30-minute I.V. infusion or immediately after a 60-minute I.V. infusion.
- AMBIENT: 14 days REFRIGERATED: 14 days FROZEN: 14 days