8925: NMR LIPOPROFILE
- LIPOSCIENCE, NMR LIPOPROFILE
- 2 mL
- 1 mL
- NMR LipoTube (black-and-yellow-top tube)
- NMR Lipotube (black-and-yellow-top tube), Plain Red Top Tube, Transfer Tube- Serum
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are provided for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the responsibility of the billing entity. Please direct any questions regarding the CPT coding to the payer being billed.
- Spun unopened NMR LipoTube OR 2 mL serum from a plain red-top tube in a plastic transport tube. Sample MUST be kept refrigerated and shipped to lab within 3 days of collection. Also acceptable; plasma from an EDTA Lavender Top Tube. Separate plasma from cells immediately after collection by centrifuging. Transfer plasma to a plastic transfer tube.
- Patient should be fasting 12 to 14 hours. Collect specimen in NMR LipoTube (black-and-yellow-top tube) or plain red-top tube. Gently invert tube to mix contents and allow specimen to clot for 30 minutes before centrifugation. Specimen should be kept refrigerated and centrifuged within 24 hours of collection. Centrifuge specimen for 15 minutes at 3,000 rpm. To preserve specimen integrity, centrifuged specimens must be kept refrigerated before sending to the lab and submitted with frozen cool packs. DO NOT FREEZE AND DO NOT STORE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE. Do NOT open NMR LipoTube. If a Red Top is drawn -Pipette separated serum from plain red-top tube to a plastic transport tube. It is recommended to not draw this test on a Friday or Saturday due to the limited stability.